You are here
Resume and Certification of Daniel Baker
Thank you for visiting.
Regarding the position available in your organization, I am enclosing my resume for your review. Please consider this letter as my formal application presenting my background, education and experience.
I have been programming for more than 20 years. I have 17 years of hardware experience, and Systems Engineering. The clientele ranges from private entities, to local government and law enforcement, to the United States Navy. I have hands on knowledge of electronics and associated test equipment acquired before and during my career as an IT professional as well. I have operable knowledge of production automation and knowledge of ERP systems, including automated imports and exports into ecommerce systems.
Most Recent experience:
- Drupal / Engineering developer with patientconversation.com ( www.patientconversation.com )
- Systems Engineer with Ignite360.com ( www.ignite360.com )
- Sysadmin / Developer with FarrowMedical innovations ( http://www.farrowmedical.com )
- Open source contributer on Drupal.org ( drupal.org/user/528132 , http://drupal.org/project/nlg)
I have been a webmaster for several websites both current and expired including:
- www.farrowmedical.com – Commerce website based on Drupal, Civicrm, Ubercart, and xTuple ERP.
- www.armynavymarinestore.com – E-commerce. Written by myself from scratch. ( Upgraded since )
- forums.anaturalbaby.com – Family forums – private membership.
- www.poolesauto.com – Car lot inventory and payment tracking – Deprecated.
- www.clanbaker.com – Family website.
- www.kungfootek.net – My personal site, much neglected.
These websites and others I have worked on during my personal and professional work experience, utilize MySQL or Microsoft SQL. The most interesting project I have participated in was converting sensor activations into meaningful database insertions and database states to trigger actuators for Army and Navy product demonstrations with XSLENT llc.
My education has been largely informal with exception to a few college courses taken with regards to database operations, computer repair, and a few basic business courses. I have held certifications in Windows 95, 98, XP, Linux Administration and network administration. I currently have a Linux Red Hat Admin certificate through brainbench.com
I get personal satisfaction from making a measurable contribution to companies I work for. Making a difference is one of the many things I value.
I spend my free time learning new processes and methodologies on a mid-scale home network that consists of 30 devices and 24x7 access to a co-located server. I am currently creating an ERP system and other utilities using the game API for the MMO EVE-Online. I am a student pilot, and a father of 8 wonderful children.
Attached are my Resume, and Linux Certification.
Sincerely, Daniel Baker